My 78 Bronco Project

  • Thread starter Thread starter custom_78
  • Start date Start date
I am going to paint it all white and the rollcage will be blue. There will be blue borders around the aluminum panels.
 
what kind of pipe bender do you use? Your garage must be envied by most. sweet job keep new photos updated as you complete projects.
 
Lucnhbox said:
what kind of pipe bender do you use? Your garage must be envied by most. sweet job keep new photos updated as you complete projects.



The bender is a Hosfeld mandrel tubing bender. It is Hydraulic so it is pretty easy to use after you get used where to mark the tube for the bend. It's my dad's garage but he has almost any tool I would ever need including a Tig welder and mill. Thanks Lunchbox and everyone else.
 
Here is another picture showing the roll bar going throught the firewall and connecting to the dash. This adds a sycnificant amount of strength to my rollcage.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_031.jpg
    Picture_031.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 11
Here is the other side under the hood. The bar connects to the shock hoops.
 

Attachments

  • rty.jpg
    rty.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 11
I can get lods of travel with the 15 inch travels Procomp ES9000 shocks. All I need is long travel coils, but that will have to wait awhile do too money problems. Remember I'm only 15.
 
Here is another picture of my door panel.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_019.jpg
    Picture_019.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 15
More pictures of my rear panels.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_044.jpg
    Picture_044.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 10
Wow, that's some great custom metal work!!! I like the job so far, and would like to see a pic or two of the seat mounts. I want to put some PRP seats in with my cage kit. I also like the dash panel, that turned out super!!!
 
Justshootme84- Here are some pictures on how I mounted my seats. The firt Picture shows how I made a 3/4 of an X shape in the door down tube. The main down bar goes down from the rear hoop to the front post. After that I made another tube that went upo from the rear hoop to the middle of the down tube. After those were welded in place I made 2 cross tubes out of 1 1/2" x .120 tubing to mount the seats to. I found the position I wanted the seats and and welded the cross tubes in place. I then made little tabs that welded to the crosstubes to bolt my seats to.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_047.jpg
    Picture_047.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 12
Here is the front cros tube from under the seat.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_048.jpg
    Picture_048.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 12
Here id the rear cross tube from the door opening. You can see how the tabs are facing backwards instead of up. That is just because my cross tube didn't come out in the exact right spot. You can use longer and shorter tabs for adjustment. Have fun.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_049.jpg
    Picture_049.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 10
Here are some more pictures. Can never have to many pictures right. If you guys have any questions, ask.

Here is a picture of my engine compartment cage and shock hoops.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_036.jpg
    Picture_036.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 14

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top