My 78 Bronco Project

  • Thread starter Thread starter custom_78
  • Start date Start date
That's a 67 vette. Yeah the rust was not bad at all on this bronco. Pretty much rust free. I can't wait for Friday because it goes in for paint.
 
Wow, great job on the Bronco. I also have a 79 that I have been trying to work on for a few years. For 15 your sure able to do a lot on yours. I have to buy all the tools before I can do any body work....mig welder/air tools....

Question, you are welding your roll cage directly to your frame. I understand this will be strong but are you not worried you will lose your frame/body flex? When offroading you would be surprised how much the frame wants to twist for obsticals. I guess since the body is all one peice on a bronco you won't ge the twist between the cab and bed anyhow. You may just have a really stiff ride...just going to have to rely on suspension movement.... :lol:
 
Hmmm... looks like the post I sent on this didn't make it.

Here it is again.

I noticed in one of your photos with the silver coils that they are bowed badly. The coil shim spacer you made is a great idea for extra height but you need to cut a 7 degree taper to the shim so the coil cup sits level. Then take the small wedge you cut off and use it on top of the coil cup to keep the bolts aligned correctly. This will allow the coil to ride & flex better. :rolleyes:

Here's a photo to get the idea. I did a quick write up on theis not to long ago in the "How To Articles".
 

Attachments

  • Coil_Shims.jpg
    Coil_Shims.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 15
I know thanks broncoholics but that is not going to be like that long. I'm gonna get 6" springs soon.
It's back. Differnet and painted white. Nice and shiny. I love the way it came out.
Picture%20559.jpg

Picture%20560.jpg

Picture%20561.jpg

Picture%20562.jpg

The blue and white look so good together
Picture%20563.jpg

Picture%20564.jpg
 
Had it outside so I snapped a couple updated pics for you guys. It coming along nicly and looking great. Hope you guys think the same.
Picture%20579.jpg

Picture%20580.jpg

Picture%20581.jpg
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top