New Bronco!

What do you think of the new Concept Bronco?

  • It's awesome

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty cool

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yuppy Mobile

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
This truck is not by any means a Bronco.A cross between a jeep and a hummer
maybe.mini hummer?!Garbage! FORD GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!!!!
The diesel is ok. :-&
 
First off, the concept "Bronco" looks nothing like the original. End of story. I dont know what vehicle you guys who say it looks similar to are looking at, but to me it looks like a baby H2. Ford is doing the same thing that GM did to the Humvee. Ruining it. Secondly, why would you spend the projected 30-40k on this when you can BUILD your own ORIGINAL EB for almost half that cost? I mean come on, unless you have more money than brains (i.e. proto/stereo-typical soccer moms) why would you waste money on something that is FWD, 128 hp/244 ft lbs with a "nitro boost" that gives you up to 178 hp?

I am running my original 302 block, EFI, roller rockers, GT heads, cam, yadda, yadda, yadda......many extras that would take too long to write down and I am pushing in the neighborhood of 325 hp. Why would I give that up for a doggie diesel that came out of a EUROPEAN car? I also have real axels under my rig and probably the strongest frame ever built for an off road vehicle.

This is something that Ford definatly needs to rethink before they go forward with. Yeah, you will get the same crowd that bought into the Ford Tonka Truck concept, but what about the real world and real workings of the vehicle. I like the idea of making the product you have better....like they have finally done with the F-150.

How bout a real world cost comparison? If you do all the work youself, I mean take every nut and bolt off and put it back on, here is what it would look like:

New Concept Bronco: $30,000-40,000

Original 66-77 Bronco:
Purchase from junker - $2500
Suspension from WH - $2500
Axels (rebuilt or new) - $3500
Lockers - ARB - $1500
Transmission (4 or 5 spd) - $1200
Rebuilt 302 w/EFI - $2500
Body work/paint - $5000
Winch - $900
Tires/rims - $1400
=========================
Total Cost: $21,000

Having the knowledge that you have the best built off road vehicle ever manufactured?

PRICELESS
 
What the hell can I say? Bolt19 is right on the money. The new concept Bronco is a castrated whimp with styling that is standing on the shoulders of a truly great truck. It seems that automobile manufacturers have no idea how to balance cost of production with quality. Always err on the side of quality! I have owned a 75' since 1998. I admit that I am not a purist; the wheel wells are chopped and I have had many ideas about updating my truck that aren't original equip. It pains me to know that whimpy low hp motor with fWD trans might carry on the legacy. Take a page from Porsche and refine, refine, refine. With the ability of today's technology, The Bronco should not only have retro styling but also a powerful engine. Four-wheel drive should at least be an option.
 
:)) [email protected]
Have owned Fords all my life & VERY dis-appointed with the looks & description of the new bronco. Would love it if Ford would just update the Bronco II as its great the way it was with the exception of rolling. They should of just fixed that & then go on to make the ford bronco II even better, with sweeter interiors & better seats,stero's,etc...
anything to update the original idea. here in Wy. they're used alot & can haul alot.
SHAME ON YOU FORD.......
KMR,Wy. [-X
 
I read, ponder, agree with most/all sides of this subject.
I think what's being left out is"LAW-SUIT" .... If Ford were to build & exact duplicate of the EB, (with some drive-train up-dates) could it pass the safety standards...? How many would end up in the wrong hands & give it a bad reputation...?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top