New Bronco!

What do you think of the new Concept Bronco?

  • It's awesome

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty cool

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yuppy Mobile

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate it

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
I'm pretty sure whatever engine they say the concept has, the real one will have the opposite. I like it though, especially the interior.
 
I think its a great idea. I'd rather see Ford re-introduce the Bronco instead of not.
Its a bit different but hey aren't most vehicles changing their looks every year?
Just look at the new Hummer2, what a joke. But people keep buying it and their are modifications to increase its capibilities.
It wouldn't be long before their are kits to upgrade the new Broncos performance off-road. In fact I'd buy one, jack it up, put dana 60's, lockers, 6:12 gears, 38" Swampers and a cage in myself.
 
Dear brothers and sisters
being a Bronco owner my self I feel the new modle has has gone the way of so many vehicle designers new consepts to the box. Ive notice that every new design either is so space age that you cant tell what it is or they cut so many curves that a once beutiful vehicle is reduced to looking like the element
of course I biased because Im the owner of aBeutiful Bouncing 96 bronco trail modified with accesories that I use out on my farm
 
I loved the new bronco until I heard about the 4 cylender desiel or th ebull shit computers or the front wheel drive. I guess what I realy liked about it was the name. I like desiel engines but thi four banger has got to go.
 
Ok, I gotta ask, as a stick snob (won't drive it if I can't get it in stick) is there going to be a manual option? Also, I gotta say, kinda looks like a Honda Element. I like the front end with the old Bronco look, but the top/back end and inside have lost the touch that makes a Bronco cool. But built in Nitrous? :huh:
 
THis new Bronco seems like just another Yuppie mobile that will make idiots who don't know squat about early Broncos or Off-roading, feel powerful and superior because they are the first with the new concept vehicle. It will be great for soccer mom's and rich white men who have a mid-life crisis.
 
Its pretty cool....but i dunno if i would want it for an offroading car. it looks like a bussiness car...and it also has a striking reseblence to the new Land Rover that is coming out soon :unsure:
 
QUOTE (mattnkkc @ Feb 21 2004, 03:52 PM) sounds like a ford escape on steroids
Haha :)) Thats hilarious
 
I really like the concept bronco. Compared to all the other vehicles coming out i really like fords retrospective designs (bronco and mustang), i think it could take on any other suv that is currently being made and come out on top. I really like the fact that the top comes off and that it has a winch, i know its fwd but that is just one set back. i like it
 
not enough retro look for me. looks too much like a smaller version of a Hummer. the deisel has got to go, they need to put it on a full frame and put live axles under it then I'll think about buying one.
 
You're gonna flop, Ford! You don't really think that the crowd that would be interested in buying a retro Bronco would have anything to do with FWD do you? You got the GT-40 right...don't screw this one up. Back to basics!
 
This thing looks to me like something from a 1960's Godzilla movie or maybe a cheap moon vehicle.
 
i like it but the only thing that has the same early bronco look is the shape of the top
 
Im sure that, as many have posted this Soccer Mom Mobile will go the way of the Durango, the Hummer, the Blazer, the Jimmy, and so many more. It went from a fire breathing 4x4 machine, that could take anything thrown at it on the trail to a Child Toteing Generation X Concept. Its just like the Jeep. It used to be made to last, with comfort in a close second. Now its like they just recycle the names, and change the interior, and BAM! New car. Sorry, i was on a rant, but I think many will agree.
 
Wow an overpriced pos 4cly wht are they smoken up in detriot? Big whop nos. <_< :-B
 
WHAT a waist of time. We got these guys making a classic into a piece of cow

SHize!!!! THESE people building this truck drive a Camry home every day.

They need guys like use in there building this thing. We already have the Ford

escape, there just changing the name(not really,but u get what im sayn.)

But there will be plenty of upgrades for the little guy. <_<
 
looks like a glorified escort to me sorry all but FWD bronco and tryin to look like the older bronco yuppy all the way
 
:D NICE VEHICLE, GREAT TO SEE FORD ACTUALLY GOING BACK TO THERE ROOTS, FOR NEW IDEA'S
 
QUOTE (broncosixsix @ May 15 2004, 11:52 PM)You're gonna flop, Ford! You don't really think that the crowd that would be interested in buying a retro Bronco would have anything to do with FWD do you? You got the GT-40 right...don't screw this one up. Back to basics!
I would like to first say that the Ford GT can't be called the GT-40 due to it not being 40" tall. I would say that the GT was a failure for ford due to the high price and underperformance that could be purchased by going to a Ferrari dealer. The new mustang is even underpowered with no Cobra option. This is just the way Ford is going...

The "Concept Bronco" is just a concept and hopefully it will get some balls before it is presented to the public again. I would like to see a true 4wd system with manual hubs and none of the electronic thinking as to which tires to give power to. I am sure we can get some cool aftermarket body parts to fix the looks of it later too.
 
I thought maybe I would get used to the look of the concept, but I haven't. I didn't like it when I first saw it and time hasn't changed my mind. Ford missed on everything with this one.
Mini-H2, Honda Passport, Escape in steroids. All things that went through my mind when I saw and read about it. I don't like the styling or the drivetrain. The desiel is a good thought and probably runs well, but I would like to see the 4.6 or 5.4 as an option. The performance options for these motors is endless and that goes along with the original 289/302 V8.
I saw the Mustang Cobra pictures about the same time and thought,"Why couldn't they have done that with the Bronco?" They hit retro so well with that car, combining all the elements, merging the old styling with new technology, I LOVE it. But the Bronco missed the mark.
Hopefully Ford will spend time analyzing post on message boards and take some hints before bringing back another dead horse!

My 2 pennies,
Jeff
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top