67 ford posi axle

70blueF-1

New Member
An axel broke on my 70 F-1. The rear end is from a 67 F-1. The rear end is true posi. Does anyone have and idea from what year truck I could get one. I want to know If I could use one off of a 67 bronco.
 
If the 67 Riv is a GS model, it should have a 3:42 posi. If not, it's probably a 3.08. Either way, it looks like you'll have to swap the ring/pinion. Both should be the 9 3/8" rear end. There is a possibility that the LH carrier bearing may be different between the two as there was an early '67 change to increase the size of that bearing. That's why you see carrier bearings listed as '66-'67, and '67-'70.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top