Under Hood

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bronco_In_Ny
  • Start date Start date
'Cuda??? No way, dude, it's from a Ford Falcon XY from Australia.

How can you tell the HP just by looking at an engine???

Good job, Freak!
 
you really can't just look at a engine and tell its HP unless its stock with no Mods then you can find the hp online if you don't know it already B)
 
I had mine ran on a engine dyno before I put it in.The best horsepower was 422 @ 5500 rpm and the torque was 460lb ft @ 4000 rpm.From 1600 rpm to 5300 rpm the torque is in the 400 lb ft range.This was all with a 750cfm carb,I tried an 850 cfm carb,while it had more peak horsepower at 5500 rpm(439HP)the torque was not there.The 850 was just to big.
 
here is my 96 351
getfile.php
 
See, I was right... in EXCESS of 400HP. This was just a guess, because I had a '77 F100 with a 400 with just a performer intake, 600 cfm holly, comps 270 off road cam, and mild porting that produced 396 rear wheel HP on the dyno. FREAKS looks much meaner.
 
here is my home made intake and air box. i ditched the old pre heater and air box and made up an airbox out of galvanized that sucks air from the retangular hole next to the radiatior.
gallery_466_20_1087415788.jpg
 
Let's try this again...
Here's my project money pit. A 12 valve Cummins with Intercooler, Auto tranny, 241 HD t-case, and computer out of a '95 1 ton Ram. If you have any questions, I probably have answers. I will be on the road Tuesday (next week :angry: )
gallery_1084_48_1089171345.jpg
RAAAAA MORE POWER!!!!!
 
Wliebhard OMG!! how in the hell did you get that cummins in there man? that is seriously the craziest sh*t i have ever seen. I LOVE IT. If your ANYWHERE in cali, i will drive there just to see this thing.
 
mansquirt86- It went in with a 3" body lift, help from Ford-Cummins, and ALOT of 'massaging' from my sawz-all. I had to dump the A/C, but the top come off, right? I also installed the brake booster and M/C from a '97 f-350. I had coil spring specialties fab custom springs for me.
 
freak said:
I had mine ran on a engine dyno before I put it in.The best horsepower was 422 @ 5500 rpm and the torque was 460lb ft @ 4000 rpm.From 1600 rpm to 5300 rpm the torque is in the 400 lb ft range.This was all with a 750cfm carb,I tried an 850 cfm carb,while it had more peak horsepower at 5500 rpm(439HP)the torque was not there.The 850 was just to big.
4XFAN, here's your answer.

Wliebhard, excellent job man!
 
Hawk2100n, did you notice a difference with the cooler air coming in? It looks pretty good. I think you live down in SC near me. If so you don't really need the heat riser, but on really cold mornings you might wish you had it.

Do you have a pic of the box you fab'ed?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top