Under Hood

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bronco_In_Ny
  • Start date Start date
B

Bronco_In_Ny

Guest
We see alot of pics of the outsides But anyone have Pics of whats under there hoods? I'll take some of mine today and put But what do you say lets see some of those Power Plants :rolleyes:
 

Attachments

  • bronco_pics_009.jpg
    bronco_pics_009.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 29
This one is better
 

Attachments

  • bronco_pics_008.jpg
    bronco_pics_008.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 28
You need to get that filter out of the engine bay and into the fender, that hot air is costing you power, i'm a long time 5.0 Mustang guy so i should know ;)
 
Thats not a Smart thing to do when you go in water thats higher then the the tires and I'm not loosing that much power 425hp last checked on a Dyno, and that Filter is alot bigger then it looks it won't fit inthe fender well area, its when I go for long Distance driving I move it next to the Radiator down by the grill where its ment to go, its up that high to keep Mud and Water away
 
Never thought of it that way, would you believe my Bronco has never been off roaded in 82,000K ^_^ guess i'll stick with Mustangs B)
 
I moved it today since I'm going to be heading to Florida soon I'll take some pics to show where I place it for trips
 
Bronco_IN_NY... where did you get that intake tube setup??? ive been looking for some trick stuff like that FOREVER and havent found any. if you can, some prices to go along with it would be cool, thanks
 
Well the 2into1 tube coming from throttle body came with my Mass-Air kit, but I'm sure you can get it from http://www.pro-flow.com/ not sure what the cost is though, the intake tube that came from Pro-Flow I had issues with so replaced it with whats there now and thats nothing but 4in $8.00 aluminum tube for AC work :D
 
its not a Compition and no its not Flex exhaust tupping its 4in Ac ducting, What yr bronco is that freak it looks like a older 68 or 69 engine area B)
 
I choose to go the way I did so I can flip the lid for winter operation. That way it will start and run without baby sitting it till it warms up. That is a stock 85 engine setup. Actually I just finished restoring the stripped down engine to a standard 85 configuration. It has never run better and had more reserve power. Previously it was stripped down with no emission controls, an edlebroc performer intake and Holley 600 CFM? carb (not sure which one). In the winter I had to set there babysitting it for 15 to 20 minutes untill it warmed up to normal operating temp before it would agree to move.

:)>-
 
I'm not trying to be touchy just having some probs with the kids :D
 
I guess Ill put a btter of mine but it compares nothing to what you all have under your hoods I will do some fixing up down the road. I am thinking about getting a 351 to put into mine.
 

Attachments

  • Picture_020.jpg
    Picture_020.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 27

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top