throttle position sensor

dmattingly1

New Member
I been having trouble with my 1992 FORD F 150 5.0 MPI it seems to run good unless you push on it a little and when it hits second gear it just flattens out and tries to die.I replaced wires, plugs , cap, map sensor, oxygen sensor, had the converters checked and I'm still having same problem.Aso replaced fuel filter.I'm getting a throttle position sensor code out of computer but I've never seen a tps create a problem other than an idle problem and it idles perfect. I was wondering if anybody had encountered a similar problem.

dmattingly1
 
Welcome to the Zone!
clap.gif

I would say change the TPS. The computer isn't liking something with it.
The TPS doesn't only monitor the idle position but it works through out the entire range of the throttle.
Good Luck
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top