Fisherleep
New Member
I replaced my hacked up 69 wire harness with a good used 75 wire harness because the old harness the previous owner had cut it all up and converted it to an electronic ignition also dropping in a 79 302 it ran if you wiggled the wires just right so I got the used one. My problem is that when I turn the key nothing happens, there is a new starter motor relay, ignition switch, ignition key and cylinder all wire are connected correctly that I know of checked many times, good ground. I have a manual on the floor and the 75 harness is from an automatic does any one know if that could be the problem because I don't have a neutral safety switch hooked up to anything? Is that why it does not want to start because it thinks its in gear? If so should I get a switch to plug into the harness to trick it to think it's in park or is there a way to cut the plug and connect wires into fooling it if so what colors? Any other opinions of what could be wrong will greatly be appreciated