Ideal Engine

  • Thread starter Thread starter Windchaser
  • Start date Start date

What's everyone's dream engine for their Bronx?

  • I6 300

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 302

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 351

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 390

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 400

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 427

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 460

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1
W

Windchaser

Guest
Bet y'all can guess mine. 460's are hard to modify, but there are a few things one can do. :D/
 
Im with ya man. but that's only for the bronco/f150/f250's. They are heavy motors not really the best for rock climbing.

Small blocks work great for that.
 
i WOULD RATHER HAVE A 429SCJ BUT YOU DID NOT HAVE THAT ONE ON THE POLL SO A 460 IS CLOSE ENOUGH. Sorry caps button was on, to lazy to do it over again.
 
Left off the 500+ ci crate motors too... :)

But until I can afford that.. a 351w or a 460 would be my choice :)
 
I was going to include the 500 crates and 429CJ's but am currently in a battle with a friend that does not believe that the 500 crates exists. I know they do, but on the off-chance that I was wrong I did not want to sound like a total moron. As for the 429CJ- I thought they were 428's and I was going to include them, but forgot.
b-(
 
Cryptonic- yeah, the 460 is rather heavy (250lbs more than the 302) but all I do is mud and run stop light to stop light so the weight doesn't bother me. I just have this thing about rolling my truck down the rocks...that and a fear of heights :D :lol:
 
I like my 302 ... its the 1999/2000 5.0L 302 which has a lot higher compression then the stock 302 that came in the Bronco. With the little mods I have, I think it suits me fine. Not saying I wouldn't like a 429SCJ or 460, heh.
 
400 for me.I'm in the process of building an aluminum headed 400 and my goal is 600 horse.Right now I'm doing all the part's research but this will be a runner.
 
avp12304 said:
I'm all for a 460, my bronco's STRICLY FOR MUD, and sometimes alittle sand, THERES NO SUCH THING AS 2 MUCH POWER
I think your stock axles would beg to differ with that comment. More HP/TQ = You better do something to your drivetrain, else it's gonna bomb on you!

That's just how it is bro.
 
Thanks BigNasty for those sites, I will be serving crow here in a bit.
Hey avp12304 I have everyone telling me the same as Cryptonik has told you about the drivetrain. I have been madly looking for at least a 9" rearend with 4:11's. As long as you do not horse the 460 too much it should be okay, but I was warned that if the pedal hit the floor too much, then my rearend would hit the ground. :-&
 
Hi I'm new I voted for the 460 if your going to spend money on gas you may as well get the most bang for your buck. I have an 82 that has been slightly modified.
it has 88 f-250 drive train with the 7.3l diesel and fove speed with a 4" lift.
 
i think i would stick with my 302. no trouble to replace. parts are cheap. easy to build a ton of power on a somewhat tight budget... imo it's not how your your ride looks, or what it has, it's where you can go with it
 
One thing about the 9 inches.In stock form their weak,I broke 2 stock center section's in my Bronco.You have to build them to handle the power.Now That I have built my for at least 800hp I have no more problem's.You have to upgrade the center section,pinion support,axle shaft's,yoke and I run a Detroit locker in mine.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top