headers for F150 79 4x4 302ci

F-150 79

New Member
Hello ,
clap.gif

I am looking a pair of headers long tube for my F150 79 4x4 302ci high perf year 69. I swapped the 6cyl by a V8 302. The truck is manual 4 speeds and lifted 4".
Do you know long tubes headers I can use for this 302?
Thanks,
Patrick
 
F-150- i went and checked on different brands with the bronco and f-150 to see if they had the same part number for the 302 and could not find any with the same number, i know when i put mine on, the driver side came in two pieces and it went around the engine mount and came together because the space is so tight i guess. you might have to call and talk to someone if you havent already done it. what vehicle did the '69 302 come out of?
 
F-150- i went and checked on different brands with the bronco and f-150 to see if they had the same part number for the 302 and could not find any with the same number, i know when i put mine on, the driver side came in two pieces and it went around the engine mount and came together because the space is so tight i guess. you might have to call and talk to someone if you havent already done it. what vehicle did the '69 302 come out of?

Thanks for the infos, I think I will opt for shortie headers, the engine is a 69 , I think it comes from a bronco not sure about it. Anyway this 302 was in my mustang 71 convertible for few years, and now it goes in my F-150 , this 302 is rebuilt at home with new world heads , comp camshaft magnum 280H , all MSD 6AL /dist/coil, DEMON CARB and others.
-What camshaft would be best for the F150 4x4 with 4 gears manual trans If I want to do some pulling , speed and 4x4.
Thanks,
 
Thanks for the infos, I think I will opt for shortie headers, the engine is a 69 , I think it comes from a bronco not sure about it. Anyway this 302 was in my mustang 71 convertible for few years, and now it goes in my F-150 , this 302 is rebuilt at home with new world heads , comp camshaft magnum 280H , all MSD 6AL /dist/coil, DEMON CARB and others.
-What camshaft would be best for the F150 4x4 with 4 gears manual trans If I want to do some pulling , speed and 4x4.
Thanks,


i think a 260H would be good for towing with your manual trans., but i might would keep what you got to see if that works for ya. let me know how the shortie headers work, thinking about installing them myself.
 
i think a 260H would be good for towing with your manual trans., but i might would keep what you got to see if that works for ya. let me know how the shortie headers work, thinking about installing them myself.
Thanks for your answer, I am still looking for the long tube headers maybe I found used ones the seller tells me it doesn't touch the powersteering and it's for manual 302, I will let you know about shorties
if I get those ones.
Do you know a place where I can get a dash pad frame that goes under dash pad?
Thanks,
Patrick
 
wow, thats a tough one. when i priced one for my 78, i checked out four places. (not cheap) and none of them had the frame unless the pad came with it. that might be salvage yard item.
 
Check JeffsBroncoGraveyard.com.THey have long tube herders for broncs and F-150s.That where I ordered my L&L headers for my F-150 after I put a 460 in it.No oneelse had any that fit around the engine mounts.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top