Fan Belt

dbrown198

New Member
I have a 96 bronco, and can't keep the fan belt on. My water pump went out. Had it changed, and ever since the fan belt keeps coming off... destroying everything. Could the belt be getting put on backwards? any other suggestions?
 
I would suspect that one of the pulleys is out of line.
Stand at the side of the truck, look across the face of the pulleys, does one look out of place when compared to the others?
Was any thing else replaced when the w/pump was done? (ie tensioners, idler pulley etc?)
 
I agree, it definately sounds like a alignment problem or the belt tensioner idler pully. It is possible tht an idler pully is shot and needs sreplacement.

Good Luck,
:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top