best exhust for a ford 4.9l

samf150

New Member
what is the best exhust system for a stock 4.9l is factory best? or a glasspack/cherry bomb? staight pipe? or summit racing exhust dual exhust from the cat with 3' pipe or with the 2 1/4' dual exhust or a 3' single let me know thants
 
Depends on the year.

On my 83 I had, I ran a splitter pipe and dual glasspacks, gave it a nice rumble at idle and stayed pretty throaty untill you really rapped it, then it sounded like a ups truck on steroids.

My 96, actually all EFI 300 6's have a split exhaust manifold, instead of the single like the old ones, so its possible to run true duals on them. I havent done anything with my 96 yet, but probley some glasspacks is what im gonna run.

go here.....www.fordsix.com......they got all kinds of info on Straight 6's.

later,
Dustin
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top