89 ranger in-tank fuelpump-return line rubber check valve?

Cartel

New Member
Hi people, I am changing the fuel pump on this ranger and I see the rubber "check valve" is shot.
I got the local parts guy to look but I cant find anyone that know what the hell it is or where to get one.
I hope you all can help.
I've been to the ford dealer too.
What is this and how do I get one?
Here's a pic





I guess the only way to get this part is to buy a whole new assembly........ :((
It didnt come with the pump either
 
It's hard for me to tell from the pics, but is that orange piece on a vent tube or return line? Regardless, I believe you're correct in that the fule pump and sender are one assembly. IF a part goes bad, you usually have to replace the whole assembly. An alternative may be to check with a salvage yard. You may still have to get the whole assly and pull the fuel tank, but you may luck out and only have to pay a few bucks. MY local Ford dealer's parts man won't even look up obsolete truck parts for a Bronco or older Ranger, so the junk yards are often the best solution for parts. JSM84
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top