86 460 SWAP INTO A 1977 F150

FORDI2D

New Member
I NEED INFO ON SWAPPING A 1986 460 INTO A 1977 F150 WITH A 400M AND 435 4SPEED WITH A 205 TRANSFER CASE WONDERING WHAT I NEED MOTOR MOUNTS' FLYWHEEL'CLUTCH'PRESSUREPLATE WILL AN 11" DISC WORK OR DO I NEED A 12"DISC WILL MY EXISTING BELL HOUSING WORK WITH SHIMS OR DO I NEED A DIFFERENT HOUSING I PLAN USING STOCK MANIFOLDS FOR KNOW AND I'M GETTING AN ALUMINUM INTAKE FROM SUMMIT SO I CAN ELIMINATE ALL THE SMOG STUFF ON THE NEWER MOTOR ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED SO I'M NOT GOING INTO THIS BLIND THANKS
 
I NEED INFO ON SWAPPING A 1986 460 INTO A 1977 F150 WITH A 400M AND 435 4SPEED WITH A 205 TRANSFER CASE WONDERING WHAT I NEED MOTOR MOUNTS' FLYWHEEL'CLUTCH'PRESSUREPLATE WILL AN 11" DISC WORK OR DO I NEED A 12"DISC WILL MY EXISTING BELL HOUSING WORK WITH SHIMS OR DO I NEED A DIFFERENT HOUSING I PLAN USING STOCK MANIFOLDS FOR KNOW AND I'M GETTING AN ALUMINUM INTAKE FROM SUMMIT SO I CAN ELIMINATE ALL THE SMOG STUFF ON THE NEWER MOTOR ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED SO I'M NOT GOING INTO THIS BLIND THANKS
 
the bell housing and clutch from your 351m will bolt up to the 460. i made two 460 swaps myself but it has been a few years ago. i think i had to get a set of 390 mounts. but if you go to jeffs bronco gaveyard they have them listed. you will have to have manifolds fom a 460 that came out of a truck to begin with . if you use car manifold you have to notch your frame on the passenger side. good luck on your swap. if power is what you are looking for your going in the right direction.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top