85 F150 SOLID AXLE CONVERSION

griggszilla

New Member
THE QUESTION I HAVE IS WILL 78-79 MODEL FRONT END FROM A F-150 4X4 BOLT UNDER THE FRONT END OF MY 85 FORD TRUCK AND IF SO HOW HARD IS IT TO DO
 
FROM MY UNDERSTANDING A STRAIGHT AXLE FROM A 68 THROUGH 79 WILL BOLT RIGHT IN IF YOU KEEP THE COIL SPRINGS BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE CROSS MEMBER, I AM GETTING READY TO DO THE SAME CONVERSION AND AM LOOKING FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS, IF I CANT FIND
I WILL DIVE IN WITHOUT THEM, I WILL TAKE PICTURES AND WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING SO I CAN POST THEM. SORRY I COULDENT HELP ANY.
 
THE QUESTION I HAVE IS WILL 78-79 MODEL FRONT END FROM A F-150 4X4 BOLT UNDER THE FRONT END OF MY 85 FORD TRUCK AND IF SO HOW HARD IS IT TO DO
Most guys drop the spring tower to avoid the crossmebers . After measurements its a matter of finding right parts . If the sites above fail u let me know . PM
 
Most guys drop the spring tower to avoid the crossmebers . After measurements its a matter of finding right parts . If the sites above fail u let me know . PM


Might be too late to mention this but I don't recommend using the 1978/1979 Dana 60's in the later model trucks due to the different left hand axle tube lengths designed to go to the NP205 on the earlier trucks
 
Might be too late to mention this but I don't recommend using the 1978/1979 Dana 60's in the later model trucks due to the different left hand axle tube lengths designed to go to the NP205 on the earlier trucks


They r talking of the dana 44 F150 axle that is on coils

But goodinfo to know .
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top