Youngblue

  • Thread starter Thread starter youngblue
  • Start date Start date
Y

youngblue

Guest
I have installed a Dana 44 axle from a 1978 f150 into my 1973 f100 (4x4). I did this for disc brakes, however now my worthless power assist ram system doesn't bolt up due to axle housing diameter is larger on the 78 d44. I have both trucks side by side. I would like to know if I can drill and install the 78 power steering box to my 73 frame in the same location as on the 78 ford truck. I mocked it up and it looks like it would work with some mods like shorter steering shaft, 90 degree oil filter adapter, drop pitman arm, and a adjustable drag link. Has anyone done this? Is it a mystery? Please help with any knowledge.
 
yeah man it'll all work just fine you'll have to do some more researching or take many measurments but it'll work and alot of folk's have done it
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top