Yet, Another Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lou85bronco
  • Start date Start date
L

Lou85bronco

Guest
Alright... The wiring in my bronco is nutz... Thanks to the do-it-yourself previous owner. Heres my question. as of now. I'm not looking into going back to original wiring for the system the way it seems I'm going to make a new billet quage cluster and put in custom guages, The computer is no more (went carb), I've converted to a diff ignition system so none of the lights (i.e. warning, engine) whatnot are anygood. I would like to know if the existing sending units (temp, oil, fuel) will hook up to new guages without having to get new units and stuff.. including the speedometer? And if so, what do you reccoment guage wise?
 
Oops forgot.. its an 85 fullsize bronx 302, eddie bauer.. stock drive train
 
Wow, big question. If youare replacing the instrument panel with a custom one, I would get gagues that include their own sensors. The stock Ford sending units aren't that great any way and as you will note by looking at them, they really don't give you meaningfull information, like actual oil pressure, actual temp, actual amps or volts, etc.

The Ford instrument panel is set up on a printed circuit piece of mylar with a voltage regulator to supply keep the instruments from fluxuating. As far as the fuel gague is concerned, I would try to make sure the new gague is compatable with the Ford sending unit unless they offer a better setup.

The 85 has a mechanical speedo setup, so it's only connection the panel is for lights, so a replacement mechanical speedometer will probably work.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Ford has a clip on speedo cable..aftermarket speedos have screw on connectors. Autometer makes an adapter for this, but don't sell to the public, your local autometer dearler will have to order it for you.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top