won't turn over

marckari

New Member
i have a 1990 Bronco and when i turn the key i get all my lights that would normally come on when it would start but i get nothing as far a cranking. I took out my starter and battery took them to AutoZone and had them tested they tested fine. So while i was there i bought a new silenoid. After i put that in i turned the key with no love still. I still have all power and lights just doesnt turn over. If i short out the selinoid it will turn over. Not sure if it will start or not because i have my headers off so i unhooked my coil so it wont start. I am just trying to get it to turn over. After i fix that i am going to put my headers back on and see about the rest. I would like any help i can get with this problem.
Thanks,
Marc
 
To add a little more info i checked the rod from the switch on the steering colom and it moves when i turn the key so i know that is working. just looking for any info i can get
 
To add more to this. I took the S wire off the selinoid and when i turn the key to start i get 6 volts. From what i have read and know i should have 12 volts. So what i did was make a jumper wire from battery to the start poll and then it would turn over. So now i am guessing it have to be the switch on the steering column or the inigition switch. if some one knows what i should do from here please help. I would rather buy the little switch on the column before i buy the ingition switch just because it is cheaper. the only thing i can see on the switch on the column is that it is basically like a relay so i dont see how that could go bad but at this point who knows. One thing that i do know is that i could hot wire one of these like a champ after i get done with this whole process.
 
Well now i have replaced the switch on the steering column and have no results. I dont have a book so i am not sure if there is a fusable link in there some where from the switch to the solinoid. If someone knows if there is and where it is at i would really like thier help.
Thanks,
marc
 
Well now i have replaced the switch on the steering column and have no results. I dont have a book so i am not sure if there is a fusable link in there some where from the switch to the solinoid. If someone knows if there is and where it is at i would really like thier help.
Thanks,
marc
Troubleshoot with these wiring diagrams;
http://aarc.epnet.com/application/8828/8828.htm
Click:
CHASSIS ELECTRICAL
WIRING DIAGRAMS
Fig. 28: Chassis wiring 199091 F-Series and Bronco


and look at http://texasindustrialelectric.com/techinfo_fd.asp for a simple starter w. diagram
 
Well i am back working on this bronco issue. I still can't make it turn over however i replaced the ingitiom module(TPI) and then it did turn over just for a brief second then stopped. So i am thinking that is the problem but now i have to replace the module again so that means some thing is making it go bad. So could someone help me out on this.

I shorted it out to turn over the car but it doesnt start. I check and i am getting fuel and spark but it is not starting could someone help me with this also.
Thanks,
Marc
 
Well i am back working on this bronco issue. I still can't make it turn over however i replaced the ingitiom module(TPI) and then it did turn over just for a brief second then stopped. So i am thinking that is the problem but now i have to replace the module again so that means some thing is making it go bad. So could someone help me out on this.

I shorted it out to turn over the car but it doesnt start. I check and i am getting fuel and spark but it is not starting could someone help me with this also.
Thanks,
Marc


Hey marc i had a similiar problem with my bronco i ended up putting a push button start into it i was able to start it by jumping the selinoid but the key just would not work now that i have the push button in it fires up everytime with no trouble what so ever just a suggestion is all some people do not want to do that to their vehicles but i know that if i had not done that with mine it might still be sitting in the drive and not out having fun
Good Luck and Happy Muddin'
Kris
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top