Wiring

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flash69
  • Start date Start date
F

Flash69

Guest
Started putting a centech harness in my 69,going good so far,anyone done this yet.Let me know how it went.
 
Howdy Flash,
I just finished putting a centech in my 74 and everything went well.I still have a problem with the windshield wipers returning to park position but they work well. My neutral safety switch was not funtioning correctly which I had to figure out and I blew a few fuses. I am not a mechanic nor an electrician but I could do it easily the second time. Overall a very good investment and with one call to the tech center I had about four days in it.
Good luck if I can be of any help holler,
Samo
 
Hello Samo. Mine is still going ok.Mine was in such bad shape i had to do a complete rebuild. Ive an all new steel body on it. Its taken me and my son about 8 months. I got it back from the paint shop last week.Now were trying to figure it all out.Im not a mechanic or electrician either.I have a little experience just from working on my own stuff.If you can call it that.Thanks for the reply.
 
I got it all done.working good.I had to do a lot of head scratching but all in all not to bad. I think Centech is the way to go. it is a really neat and good looking job.It comes out of the box looking good.
 
I put in a Centech wiring harness in my 74 Bronco and it went pretty well. Seemed to be a pretty complete system and good instructions. I did have a little trouble finding the right wires for the neutral safety switch. Everything works great now.
 
Hey Guys,
Mine went good as well in my 74 .However did you get your wipers right? Mine still wont return to park position nor will they start when I push to washer mode.Maybe I have something not quite right.Also did you find a use for the aux. wire under the dash?
Samo
 
Hey Samo... I think the aux wire is for extras like a cb or something like that.I dont know what to tell you about the wipers.mine was pretty straight forward.They work ok..
 
I have a 76' bronco and was thinking about putting in an aftermarket wiring harness. Right now everything pretty much works and I was curious about the advantages of the aftermarket harness. Will the stock fusebox accomidate accesories like a stereo or winch?
 
I put a centech kit in mine. it was relatively simple. I am setting mine up for fuel injection so I have a relay for a fuel pump in the mix and delay wipers. I sat down one day and figured it out. It was alot easier than I figured and you dont have to take the motor apart and cut anything. You do however have to reuse or remake the wires that go from the switch to the motor. good luck.....MATT
 
i havent put one in but when u get done let me know how it was cuz im thinkin bout 1
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top