Wiper Mechanism Gasket

  • Thread starter Thread starter colobronco
  • Start date Start date
C

colobronco

Guest
I need to replace the wiper mechanism gasket on my 1970 Bronco, can someone tell me how to remove the wiper arm. Thanks for your help. :unsure:
 
Are you talking about inside the cab or out side? The inside one is on splines and will come right off with a few taps and tugs after the bolts are off. The outter has a small lever you have to push in on to pull the wiper arm off. Clean all the splines before re-installation.
 
Thanks for your reply Broncoholics. The gasket I need to replace is under the mechanism nut on the outside of the cab. When you say lever do you use your fingers or a screw driver? Thanks again
 
Hey colobronco,
If i remember right you can use your finger to push the tab to release the wiper arm from the spline... sometimes it is hard to get off. when you do get it off do like broncoholics said & clean them splines good & put some lube on them for the next time... good luck!!! :)>-
 
Yeah, I use a small screwdriver and press in on it and then wobble or pull it off. The part you are pushing in on realeases a clip which is in a groove just below where the splines are.
Is your gasket worn out and leaking? I never knew there was a gasket there. I would think it stops water from coming in the cab.
If it were me I'd get some form a gasket and shave off the excess.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top