Windshield Wiper - Spindle Snapped !

  • Thread starter Thread starter spoonbender
  • Start date Start date
S

spoonbender

Guest
Wow, I've got a problem. Some jerk ripped off my driver side windshield wiper arm and blade (I have the electric-above-the-windshield model, not the vacuum model) . But wait...it's worse than it sounds. They put effort into this because they actually severed the perpendicular rod (spindle?) that connects from the wiper mechanism out to the wiper arm. The "cut" was made flush with the outside part of the mounting shoot that the rod slides through as it twists. Sorry if this is sounding like a smut flick ;~>

I'm wondering if there is a way to buy and install the spindle, and NOT the entire wiper mechanism. I don't know how to disconnect what is left of the current spindle from the wiper mechnism, but maybe there is a way.

I already have a replacement wiper arm, blade, mechanism washer and gasket. What I need is that rod and the wiper mechanism nut.

Any help ya'll can give is GREATLY appreciated....rainy season is coming fast in the Bay Area!!

Jason
 
QUOTE (spoonbender @ Sep 27 2004, 05:18 PM) Wow, I've got a problem. Some jerk ripped off my driver side windshield wiper arm and blade (I have the electric-above-the-windshield model, not the vacuum model) . But wait...it's worse than it sounds. They put effort into this because they actually severed the perpendicular rod (spindle?) that connects from the wiper mechanism out to the wiper arm. The "cut" was made flush with the outside part of the mounting shoot that the rod slides through as it twists. Sorry if this is sounding like a smut flick ;~>

I'm wondering if there is a way to buy and install the spindle, and NOT the entire wiper mechanism. I don't know how to disconnect what is left of the current spindle from the wiper mechnism, but maybe there is a way.

I already have a replacement wiper arm, blade, mechanism washer and gasket. What I need is that rod and the wiper mechanism nut.

Any help ya'll can give is GREATLY appreciated....rainy season is coming fast in the Bay Area!!

Jason
Contact www.broncoconnection.net they have the parts you need to fix your wipers
 
Hey Harley,

No worries...I got the part I needed from Bronco Parts up in Sacramento. Just in time for the rain.

Jason
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top