winches

77 F-250

New Member
I am buying a winch and I want to know what would be better. hydraulic,planitary, or electric. What are the ups and downs of each
 
77 F-250 said:
I am buying a winch and I want to know what would be better. hydraulic,planitary, or electric. What are the ups and downs of each
[snapback]16867[/snapback]​
I would say that eighter hydraulic, or electric, since you probably don't want to get a different transfer case to run the planitary, allot of work, and money. the only problem with the hydraulic is if you love high water and your truck doesn't, then your winch won't be much help for you, but they are very reliable and don't loose power when they get hot like an electric. but if you live in the colder climate, and hook up an extra batt. the electric is a very good and relaiable, probably easier to handle as well, hope this helps
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top