Will Not Idle

  • Thread starter Thread starter raginbronc
  • Start date Start date
R

raginbronc

Guest
I just bought my 1st Bronco its an 87' 4.9l w/ 110,500 miles. When i start it, it will not idle in park it just cuts off. But it will idle in reverse and drive. what could be wrong.
 
Welcome to the "B Zone"!

First thing you should try is doing a tune-up i.e. Plugs, Wires, Cap & Rotor, O2 Sensor, Fuel Filter & Air Filter.

If you are still having the problem then you should check the coil, EGR Valve and Vacuum lines
 
Since it is EFI and computer-controlled, I would scan for any codes. Alot of problems come from the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve and EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation). Also, check the timing on the motor.
 
I removed and cleaned the IAC valve. Idles just fine now. thanks for the help....
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top