Which Tailgate Do I Have?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 68fastback
  • Start date Start date
6

68fastback

Guest
My old 80 Bronco had it's tailgate replaced in the mid 80's. It's now swiss cheese and needs replaced. The only difference I'm told is the desisign of the latches on the sides. One is retangular, the other is more triangular. I need to know which year/style I have to get the right one. Any help/pics would be great. Thanks. :-"
 
Welcome to Bronco Zone!!!

I think I have a few pics of the tailgate latches from my 88 parts Bronco at my supermotors.com gallery I'll see what I can dig up.

I can't really tell from the pic, but it may help. Let me know if you need a better one from my 84. JSM84

getfile.php
 
Thanks. What I really need is a picture of an open tailgate from either driver or passenger side showing the latch.
 
Haven't got a picture, but looking at the latches on my 83, an OEM gate, the latch is a complete unit and the catches inside appear to be squarish in shape. Not sure that the shape is important if the replacement part has triangular shape and it grabs the striker properly.

Good luck,
:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top