Wheres my power?

T-Stew

New Member
I got a 1990 ford f-150 with a brand new 5.0 302... its bone stock what can i do to get some power off the line with out brakeing the bank account....Simple little things nothing over $500.00.

Another qustion i just put front coils on it that must be a little taller than the last ones..i cant move my camber in any more .... the camber centrixs are moved all the way in.. now my tires are wearing real bad on the out sides.. dose someone make brakets that move the front arms down to make the arms level??
 
I would say the best way to make more off line power would be to change the rear end gearing. Most of the 90's rears from factory are equipped with ratio's in the 3.00 range. While this is good for fuel mileage, it does not help in the towing or performance departments. A guy can spend lots of money on the engine before he sees any huge power gain. Basically you can do things like bigger injectors, Mass Air conversion, and a free flowing exhaust/headers. Then you can upgrade the ignition system and so on and so forth. Lots of little things to equal bigger stuff.
 
A 3:73 gear or 4:10 gear would be about right if your looking to add some power, Also try removing the manifolds and putting open headers on, they make a world of difference. Also you could try a K&N air Filter!
 
A 3:73 gear or 4:10 gear would be about right if your looking to add some power, Also try removing the manifolds and putting open headers on, they make a world of difference. Also you could try a K&N air Filter!

Yes, I have to agree w/Avenger"... Change the rear gears,,I have 411s and I can get a good scratch

" But"-- my daily driver, 71 Chevelle SS 402 just had it pumped out 30 over 11 to 1 compression
yada yada-- I just love the freeway on ramps don't ya know.....
John
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top