Where Is The Fuel Filter?

Like he said just remember to take the pressure off the fuel sys before you take the lines off other wise your going to get even more fuel on you, I'm not sure what yr you have but theres a switch under the driver side dash that trips or should say its suposed to trip when your in a fender bender, flip the red button up and then run the motor till it dies that will take the pressure off the sys but you will still have some fuel coming from the lines.
 
An 88, like my sig says. I've changed one on my Cougar before, I just couldn't find the filter. What's that tube that goes up the passenger's side from the gas tank, up under the hood to a black box?

Is there a fuel pump wiring harness, or a fuse I could pull? On my Cougar, I just opened the trunk, pulled back the carpet, and there were a few wiring harnesses there that I disconnected.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll git 'er done soon.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top