Wheels For 89 Bronco

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
I see all these aftermarket 97+ wheels, and I see no difference between those and our wheels. What is the difference between the two styles? I'm trying to get some used ones off of eBay. Especially if I can get some 32s, or close.
 
Depends on the size tire you plan on putting on. I believe that the standard is 15 x 5.5 x 7 which is what I have my 31 x 10.5 tires mounted on. I had 33 x 12.5 tires which were mounted on 15 x 5.5 x 8.5. I do believe you can get custom wheels in the 16 x 5.5 ranage also. I'm sure there is someone on this forum that knows tires an wheels better than me and that they will comment.

I would also talk to someone who specializes in tires. They can give you the wheel requirements for their tires. By specializes, I mean that is their main business, not Sears, WalMart, Sams, etc.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
P.S.

Be careful with ebay stuff. Not to say they won't be any good, but you can't actually see them. I'd go to a local speed shop and talk to them. Custom wheels are pricey $-) but if that's not a concern, atleast you have someplace to go if they aren't right :angry: and they should also be able to guide you on tires for the wheels you are buying :-" .

Good luck,

:)>-
 
Early to mid fifties to 1996 full size Ford truck (1/2ton or Bronco) will have a 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern, 97 and up have a METRIC pattern and will not fit the earlier trucks. A 31/2 to 3 3/4" back space is probably what you will want to buy, anything more than that (4 7/16, 4 3/4 will put your tires completely under your truck, and you may find that they hit the frame and radius arm when turning.
(Be aware of the mid-nineties odd ball 7700lb gvw half ton that had the 7 bolt wheels.)

For a 10.5 or 11.5 tire you should try to find an 8 or 9" wide wheel. For a 12.5" wide tire use anything from 8-10" wide wheels.
 
I have an 89 bronco with aftermarket rims, they ar made by american racing or something like that. Size is 12.5 x 15, I have 33's on them. Have had several people tell me that they are Hurricane style rims. I wouldn't mind trading for some stock size tires and rims, where ya located?
 
Northeast corner of Missouri.

For some reason I didn't get an e-mail reply until now. Didn't have one for the other 3. I didn't get a reply on some of the other ones, either.

There is plenty of tread left on the tires I have. I think the guy I bought it from had them put on back in April.

Ya, I'd be interested if you wanted to do that. Lemme know.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top