Whats Wrong?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter buckinbronk
  • Start date Start date
B

buckinbronk

Guest
Allright what happens is I go to start up and it turns and turns then finally it starts. After it starts it almost stalls and sometimes does, but after idleing irratically it will level off. Then after driving around I put it in park and then sometimes stalls immediately after goin into park. What is the deal with this? Are all these problems related? I did have a bad hesitation at driving speeds but replaced the wires and it fixed that problem, and I thought it would also help this problem but didnt.

Can anyone help me? :(
 
If your truck is fuel injected, it sounds like a bad fuel pressure regulator. Connect a fuel pressure gauge to the schrader valve on the right rail. Turn the truck on but don't start it (KOEO). You should have about 40 Lbs of pressure. Turn the truck off, and watch the gauge, you should maintain this pressure. If the pressure rises, then bleeds off, replace the regulator.

Also you have a low pressure pump in the tank, that feeds the high pressure pump on the frame. If the regulator checks out fine...check the low pump.
 
If you are carbed, it sounds like idle mixture which means you probbly need to replace or rebuild the carb. It could also be the EGR.

Good luck,

:)>-
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top