Whats the diffrence

Lifted 78

New Member
I am new to the board and have a couple of questions. What is the diffrence between the 78-79 F-150 and the 80 and up suspenion wise? I noticed they have bigger lifts available and they are cheaper too. Also a guy is going to sell me a 6" suspenion lift off of his 78 bronco will it fit? I am getting the shocks, rear leafs and blocks, front coils and radius arms. I know I will need a drop pitman arm and have to lengthen the rear drive shaft. Will I need to lengthen the front too? Finally will I need to get longer brake lines? Is there a kit for the rear drive shaft to assure proper angle? Thanks again any help is greatly appreciated!!!!
 
the '78-79 F-150 used a solid one piece front axle with rear leafs and the '80 used a twin traction beam suspension with rear leafs. the front shaft should not have to be lenghtened. longer brake lines wouldnt hurt.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top