What Trans/rear Diff? Help Identify

  • Thread starter Thread starter S_bolt19
  • Start date Start date
S

S_bolt19

Guest
I have an 81 F-250 that is headed to the scrap heap. It was given to me but I am wanting to salvage a few things off of it. I am wondering what trans is in this and what the rear diff is. I have not looked at this because I have not had a chance to get over to it so I am looking for a little help.

It is a 4 speed, so is this an NP435? What other, if any, trans could this be? Top loader, granny low. Did they put T-18's in 2wd trucks? I am pretty sure this is an NP but without looking at it I am unsure.

Rear diff, from what it the description is, sounds like it is a D60. What are the defining features of the D60? Could this be another axel under it? I know it isnt a 9" because this is a 3/4 ton PU, but could it be something other than a 60?

Any help is appreciated. What I am going to save is the 351w, trans and diff if they are worth it.
 
Look at the drivers door jam and read the decal.
The trans code an axle codes should be there.
You should have a ^0 in the rear.
Post a pic if you can
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top