What Tranny?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 3youngns
  • Start date Start date
3

3youngns

Guest
The Haynes manual I have says that I have E4OD. Is that correct?

The reason I ask is because I found a plug loose on the side of the trans. I had noticed that I only had 3 gears. After I plugged it in it blew the fuse for the turn signals and overdrive. What gives? Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
 
I believe you do have the E$OD, check the code on the door jamb or look at the pan. I think it's square with a notch in one corner, and has 20 bolts. It's like the C-6 pan shape, that one has 14 bolts.

You may have a short in the wiring, or a bad sensor or shift module in the tranny. Look for a short before going to a shop, they might want you to rebuild the whole thing!!!
 
do you have an overdrive on/off switch on the dash? if so then yes you have a e4od, aod had it in the selector(P R N O/D D 1) and a C-6 dosen't not have o/d.
 
There is no O/D on/off switch on the Dash. I'm going to count the bolts on the pan. It looks like I have a C6.
 
i think they might have put the non turbo 7.3L. but i know in the newer Power Strokes they are 4R100's. which is a beefed up E4OD. someone might correct me if i am wrong. :blink:
 
If no of/off OD switch on end of shifter and you have OD it's a AOD non-OD is a C6. unless it's been swapped it'll be AOD. The C6 was only found in the HD F250's and up. in late 80's.
 
Justshootme84 said:
My neighbor just replaced the E$OD in his 92 Ford pick-up. $2700!!! E4OD=E$OD
thats soooooooooo promising to hear.

junkyard time y0!
 
Justshootme84 said:
Really, that's more than that old truck is worth! Check the yards and the classifieds/newspaper ads. $500-$750 for a used one down here.
haha for real.

replace E4OD/ Rear End/ and paint

major $$$$$$$
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top