What Kind Of Oil/filter?

avp12304

New Member
sorry about the dumb question but I forgot which type of oil to put in my bronco and i was wondering whats the recommended type of oil for the 5.8L v8, its a 96 bronco, and also what kind of filter to use, thanks
 
i dont know what kind of oil filter you need but the oil that you use depends on you enviroment. i personally use full synthetic 10w 20 because it is always hot. but if you live up north you should use something different. usually at walmart there is a chart that will tell you what to use. also the synthetic will go for 8000 miles before a change versus a blend that might only last 3000-4000 mi. as for oil filter, take your old one off and you might get lucky and it will have a code on it.
 
i personally like the quaker state 4x4. the auto parts store should have a book that will give you the part # for the filter.
jonny b
 
Castrol 20-50 and a K&N filter. In the past I have used the 2 quart filters from NAPA during the hot summer months in Phx. My inline 6 takes 6 quarts of oil with a filter change, but with the 2 quart filter it takes 7. My thought here was extra cooling but I don't always do that every year. I'm just inconsistent with that.
 
The sticker under the hood of my 96 5.8 recommends 5w-30, and the filter is a fram XG2 (xtra guard) DG2 is a double guard but just get the i belive the normal on is a PG2, this is just for fram filters. I know they carry motorcraft filters at the walmart here, I would just run one of those, fram, or purolater, or K&N I would just buy a quality name brand filter.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top