What Do You Think

  • Thread starter Thread starter JeffH1988
  • Start date Start date
J

JeffH1988

Guest
Well I had just gotten my drivers liscense and was looking for a ride. I had wanted an early bronco and came upon one that i thought was a good price for its condition. It had a straight body the only rust was just a little in the floorboards and everything was there and the guy wanted 3200$. I jumped on it and the day after i looked at it picked it up and wrote the guy a check. Now a few months later i'm still loving working on my bronco but i'm also keeping my eyes open for other deals on broncos just because i like looking through old car adds. I found this deal the other day that i don't think i can pass up. That is why i'm posting i'm just curious on what everyone thinks.

Four broncos 66, 69, 72, 74, the 66' is in great shape and has a 5 inch lift sitting on top of 35 inch tires. No rust with decent paint and a 200 straight six. Then the guy said the other three are parts trucks but one of them has a running 302 in it. He wants 3800$ for all which i think is a heck of deal but that is my opinion so what does everyone else think.

I had many ideas as far as switch outs on the different models like putting the stronger axles of the 72 and 74 under the 66 and the bronco with the 302 in it.

And best of all since buying my current bronco for 3200$ I think i have put enough work into it i could sell it and get 4k or 4500$.

Looking for opinions.
 
Well, I don't know about you, but I have gotten very attatched to my first Bronco.
I don't know if I could ever sell it! ( Been 13 or 14 years, and we've been through a lot together!!)
But it SOUNDS like a heck of a deal. you may be able to build more than one truck out of the parts you have available to you. It's all a matter of the time and effort you want to put into the projects. And then, will you be able to part with them
when the project is done??
I think I have cried a little tear everytime I've sold a "project" truck!! There have been seven over the years, still have three!!) and I even tracked one down through four owners and bought it back!!!
Good luck with your decision, have fun if you buy them... but be aware of "Broncoitis" it is VERY contagious!!!
 
I am like a kid in a candy store every time I see a EB, after my last project , I have bought 2 more broncos, making a total of five (5) and look every where I go for more. I only have two drivable trucks , but can only drive one at a time . The wife ask how many I needed ,and I told her I have not decided yet. Keep up the saving of this classic ,buy more and more so people after this generation can have a good 4x4. Jerry in Tenn.
 
HECK OF A DEAL!! Youll always have somethin to work on! You can always turn around and sell them for more probably.
 
Have you seen any photos of these rigs to see whats left? You should keep the 66 body and mount it on one of the V8 frames and build up one nice rig and then make a trail rig out of the others. Sounds like a bitchin deal to me!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top