What Do I Need For A Tune Up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian
  • Start date Start date
B

Brian

Guest
I need to do a tune up. What about a filter for the air pump? Any other things to change besides plugs, wires, cap/rotor,PCV valve/breather, air filter.Bronco has 150,000 on it and has been sitting for two years.PS It runs great! Thanks Brian
 
Shadow D is there just one O2 sensor?
JSM84 yea, good idea.Thanks Brian
 
Depends on the year model. The later (94-96) Broncos might have two O2 sensors but the earlier models may only have one. Something else I thought of that gives lots of fits. The IAC and TPS. Check'em or replace, cause they will affect the idle speed. If it's been sitting for two years, some of the vacuum hoses may also be bad, so check for any leaks after it's started.
 
I think I cleaned the IAC with carb cleaner,if it's right by the butterflys. What is the TBS? And how do I clean it. I read a post about rolling idle, thats how I knew to clean the IAC. Thanks Brian
 
IAC=Idle Air Control valve. If you cleaned it then you should be fine.

TPS=Throttle Position Sensor. You should check the voltage for it. If it is not working right, you will have a surging idle/RPM's.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top