What auto trannys came in 88 F150

crawdad

New Member
Can someone please tell what different models of automatic transmissions came in the '88 model year F-150's with V8? I bought a truck from a family member and haven't picked it up yet so can't read the door plate. Thanks for the help.
 
crawdad said:
Can someone please tell what different models of automatic transmissions came in the '88 model year F-150's with V8? I bought a truck from a family member and haven't picked it up yet so can't read the door plate. Thanks for the help.
[snapback]16944[/snapback]​

Wouldnt it still be a C6? I didnt think the E4OD got switched in till 90 or 91.
 
it came with two different ones forthe 5.0 and 5.8 windsor powered trucks. the c6 and the aod.the aode was added in 92'.if your truck is a 3 speed auto then you have a c6.
 
Right, the C-6 3-speed auto without overdrive, trans code "K" on the door jamb sticker. The 4-sp with overdrive AOD is code "T" I believe. The E4OD code "E" was introduced around 89-90 and later. Good luck with the 'new' truck!!!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top