Warped Glass Or Just A Weird Fit?

Bradt

New Member
With all the anticipation of a school kid on Christmas morn I woke up to go meet a guy to pick up the glass for my Bronco. Got there at 9 O'clock and by 10:30 had everything apart, cleaned up, and ready to install the new glass.

Went to push it in and it won't fit. We double checked the part numbers, and it is the right part, but it will not slide in. With it pushed in about halfway it was easy to see the problem. It looks like there's a weird bend in the glass. If you look at it with the tailgate down the outer edges (Driver and passenger side) are pressing against the top of the slot, and the center is pressing against the bottom. Have any of you had this problem? Is there something I should know about the fit for this glass, or does it look like I just got a warped one?

I called the shop and they came out and picked up the glass and will be getting a new one to try, but it will probably be Monday before I see it. :((

Thanks,
Brad
 
Wow, is that weird or what??? Looking at my spare window from the 88 Bronco, it is slightly curved from top to bottom, but virtually straight across the width. Just wonder if the glass was a Ford OEM replacement or an aftermarket/other brand. I never heard of glass warping unless it happened as it was formed. Keep us posted, and good luck!!!
 
Never heard of glass warpig but it could probably happen. Be sure to put in on the right way
 
Just thinking... Could you have put the glass in backwards??? The curved part at the top goes toward the inside, so it wouldn't work if it was the other way around.
 
LOL no. I put it in right. The guy from the glass shop even tried it with the same results. I did put one of my rear shocks on backwards though. After an hour and a half fighting with a bolt and fumbling in the dark things like that happen I guess.

They managed to get ahold of a supplier last night. I just went and picked it up and it works like a charm. I don't know if it was just that glass or that supplier. I would assume it was the glass though. Don't see why the supplier would keep stocking glass that didn't fit.

Brad
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top