Warn Manual Hub Locks

avp12304

New Member
i recently put a set of warn premium hub locks on my truck, but when i try to turn them from free to lock, or lock to free, you'v gotta turn on it unusually hard, if i took off the cap and lubed it up a bit would this fix the problem?
 
I just asked the same question on a different website and they said lubeing it wouldnt help, its just how warn hubs are, after using them over time they loosen up supposedly
 
Mine were easy to turn new and got harder to turn with age.
I cleaned them out with brake clean and worked them back and forth and it helped. From what I see grease doesn't help it move which seems odd. I guess it only lets dirt stick and cause this problem.
I have a set of Superwinch hubs and they turn almost too easy and they are a simple design with no snap rings and things to fail like the Warns.
 
just get a hub tool they re 6+ bucks. they help when you can find it in your truck. plus my buddy has the super winch hubs on his bl#*%r and they unlocked, and stripped out.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top