Warn Hubs

Broncoscare

New Member
Someone just gave me a new set of Warn locking hubs for my 91 bronco :D . If my bronco is auto push button hubs, can't I install ther warn locking hubs to work with my existing system? So if that does work I just push the button on and then get out and lock my hubs correct? Thanks for any help!
 
That sounds like a good deal on the hubs [FREEBIE!!!] and yes, they will work with either a manual-shift or push-button 4WD. Just be sure they are the right ones for the bolt pattern on your existing autohubs.
 
If the very outer chrome cap on the end of the hub has five torx fasteners on it, you will have no problem at all. If on the other hand you have the cap with three fasteners on it, you will need the conversion kit from Warn.

All in all its a VERY easy mod. Just take your time.....follow the instructions, and enjoy.

BTW: Were they the Warn premiums, or the standers ones.......either way your WAY better off with the manual locking units!
 
They are standard Warns #9790. They have 6 holes. I looked it up on the Warn site and they say it fits, so I don't need that extra kit correct?
 
No.....I dont think you need the kit. I put a set on my 93 last week (getting ready for winter you know), and my Bronco had the caps with the 5 torx bolts, and the Warn Premiums just slid right in like butter.
FWIW:......I also did the brakes......replaced the hub rotor combo, wheel bearings, pads, calipers, and hoses. In the rear.....I replaced everything from the backing plate out...its ALL new!
 
I had thought about going ahead and replacing/turning my rotors and replacing all my brakes too, I'll just see how much that cost and if I can afford it at this time. Thanks for your responses.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top