Want More HP

Skitter302

Moderator
I have a 1989 302 5.0L engine and I'm wondering, what the best way to get more power out of it without taking it apart and replacing parts. (Bolt on up-grades) I have been told that by replacing the cat/converter with a high flow unit and larger diameter exhaust will be a large improvement. I have also been looking at intake kits to replace the stock air box, will that help any?

Thanks in advance for your replys!
 
Hey there, A 5.0 is a good engine..those mustang guys make those things sing...as for bolt on stuff, I suppose you could bolt on a blower or a turbo set up...Changing the air box would help a little, maybe 5hp for a stock engine...But a blower or turbo would be a real noticable difference..I am not a professional mechanic, just a do it yourself guy, but have had so many cars and trucks since the 70's, I tried a lot of stuff. Good luck with the hp quest...
 
Oh yea, and dont forget the headers, and the high flow cat would be good for that. You can bolt it all on without taking your engine apart.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top