VSS wire type

FoMoCo_Mike

New Member
I'm a brand new member as of today (7-24-2014), and I need to rewire my 92' F-250 VSS circuit. The wire is deteriorated badly. Since it seems to be a special sensor wire of some kind (very fine strands), I'd love to know where to find some. Does anyone know? I don't want to just use automotive wire since it will most likely affect the signal. Ford parts counter in VA can't help me he says. Would love to find the correct color codes as well..........gotta dream right? Please, any help would be awesome.....Thanks in advance.
 
yo Mike,

WELCOME!

Use regular automotive wiring.

This is by Ford;


Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) 9E731:



Description: The vehicle speed sensor is a variable reluctance sensor that sends an AC/frequency signal to the powertrain control module. The vehicle speed sensor signal is used by the powertrain control module to calculate vehicle speed in mph. Used as an input in determining shift scheduling and electronic pressure control.

Symptoms: Harsh engagements, firm shift feel, abnormal shift schedule; unexpected downshifts may occur at closed throttle, abnormal torque converter clutch operation or torque converter clutch engages only at wide-open throttle. May flash transmission control indicator lamp.

Diagnostic Trouble Codes: 452


btw here is the VSS Wiring Diagram for 92 F250
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=9230
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top