Vin Stickers

  • Thread starter Thread starter BOULDERPD
  • Start date Start date
B

BOULDERPD

Guest
I'm in the process of preparing to have my '73 Bronco painted. The problem I'm having is that I'm not able to removed the VIN sticker without damaging it. It really needs to be removed in order to properly paint the vehicle. Is there someone who knows if this is something I can order and if so through who? I haven't be able to find someone to duplicate this.
 
I don't know what to tell you on that one, but you will get a lot more replies in the Bronco Tech forums. Just pick the one that applies to the year of your Bronx.
 
I don't know if the 73 is the same as 78-79 but I have yet to see anyone reproducing these. On my 79 Bronco the guy had the driver door replaced and never bothered to redo the VIN tag over to the new door, all I have is the white sticker on the door jamb :( I would like to find a repro for the Bronco as well
 
I've pulled a few off without a problem... i used a hair dryer, or you can substitue a heat gun, dont get it too close... what i usually do is heat it real good (not too close) and then put clear stong box tape over it directly from heating... pull the box tape and the stickers usually come right off with it.. the same works with bumberstickers that you no longer want.. thats the best advice i got.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top