Vin # Locations On 68

  • Thread starter Thread starter EdgeCrusher
  • Start date Start date
E

EdgeCrusher

Guest
Guys I really need help here. I just picked up a 68 Bronco and I can't find the vin number anywhere on the truck. I have it on the title.

It just doesn't make sense to me that ford would only put it on 2 removable parts. I know my '72 has an VIN# tag bolted to the firewall right behind the intake.

Where else, besides doors and glove box can the vin numbers be found on early Broncos? :unsure:
 
The only visible place for a 68s VIN is the glove box door. (the older (pre 73??) didn't have door jamb tags. The same would be true for your 72... did someone move the glove box tag??)

I have read (I thought it was on this site, but I can't find the post) That the VIN is stamped into the top of the frame rail on the passenger side of the truck, about where the floorboards kick up into the firewall.
Obviously this will be a tough thing to find with the body on the frame...
Post back if you find it.
 
Thats the beauty of having a Bronco. If you want to drive your buddies Bronco change out his glove box door with yours. Now don't get any funny ideas with that in mind... [-X
 
They are stamped into the frame as STLKIKN says. Pass side just below the firewall towards the rear. Clean it off with a wire brush and then use some white grease markers to get the white into the grooves. I haven't found a place to decipher them properly as my 67 keeps coming up as a 76.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top