Vapor lock

hey i have a 1977 f250 crew cab with a 351m motor in it and it has a real big problem with vapor locking now in the summer and i was thinking that if i buy the TBI fuel injection conversion kit that that would stop it. do u think that this will help? or will i just be wasting my money? oh, and the kit i am thinking about buying is from affordable fuel injection. thanx for your time.
 
How old is the fuel pump? if its not working properly, there may not be enough pressure in line to prevent it. there is usually enough fuel flow to prevent it. You may want to check to see if fuel lines arent too close to exhaust or hot parts of engine.
 
hey i have a 1977 f250 crew cab with a 351m motor in it and it has a real big problem with vapor locking now in the summer and i was thinking that if i buy the TBI fuel injection conversion kit that that would stop it. do u think that this will help? or will i just be wasting my money? oh, and the kit i am thinking about buying is from affordable fuel injection. thanx for your time.


Hi there Vapor Lock....Ha ha, You would be wasting Money let alone time!!! try a new fuel pump!!! and you could also try putting a 1/4 inch spacer at the Bottom of that carb. I had the same problem with my Big Block Chevy
. After I installed the spacer I have NEVER had a problem//// Happy Boncing" John
 
I had this same problem with my 460. After driving for only around 10 minutes it would act like it was running out of gas. I shielded all the fuel hoses with heat tape to try to pinpoint where it was getting vapor locked at. I found that it was happening in the fuel pump itself, which was a mechanical pump mounted on the engine. I replaced the pump with an electrical fuel pump which i mounted on the frame next to my gas tank, and a fuel pressure regulator valve in the line for the new pump. It's ran great ever since I swapped out the pumps. I didnt run any return line, just the line to the carb, if you wanted to take the time to run a return it would be wise but my setup works great without it. Hope this helps.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top