Vapor Lock Help?

I know there's already other posts covering this issue, but every situation is different so I thought I'd start another.

History: Just bought a 79 F-150 w/ 400 (PO said it originally had a 351M). It has an Edelbrock carb and Weiand intake. Ran fine (actually great) when I bought it. Drove it home about 50 miles and around here for a week or so. Now it spits, sputters and dies when it gets warm.

First time it died, fuel filter was full of crap. Changed it and it ran for about 4 miles. Went to change it again, and it was clean, with fuel on both sides.

Changed thermostat (195) -- didn't help.

When it dies, feels like fuel line to carb has pressure. Carb body is too hot to touch.

I plan to change air filter to aftermarket style (let more air circulate around the carb) and try to straighten the fuel line on front of the block. Any other ideas?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top