Valve Guides

Col Klinx

New Member
I got the heads back from the speed shop, they hot tanked them and milled em. I gess they we're pretty warped and one had a blown head gasket. Anyways after i got to lookin at them i saw that one of the valve guides was cracked and chipped near the top and i think this is why its started burning oil, there isnt any oil on the intake port but its on the intake valve stem and on the exhaust port so i think that its the cause of the problem. Anybody know how you would go about getting this fixed and about how much it would be cause i dont have enough money for new heads and its only the one thats broken.
 
my dad used to put in his own don't recall exactly what it was called but it looks like a long heli coil and there is a couple tools you need too.
 
Alright thanks, i will more than likely have a shop do it though. Still workin on other aspects of the rebuild too. I'd like to have it done by this wed. cause our school is having a car show and i want to enter it in the 4x4 class at least, and i'll need it for prom and to just get wherever i need to go. Guess thats what i get for having a 27 year old truck but i don't care, it happens and i like my truck better than my dads 01. anyways thanks for the info.
 
i know how you feel i still drive the truck i learned to drive on about 16 years ago.and i wouldn't trade it for nothing.
 
well I think this is the time to go to a junk yard and find some heads off of an engine and have them hot tanked and milled the way you like them. I've had my old ford truck for awhile and everytime I try to take a short cut it ends up costing me more money to fix on the road then if I fixed it the right way in the first place. expecially if you have a crack on the head, or its just to warped to mill down straight.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top