Updating '95 F150 fuel pump harness to '96 style

jgwinnup

New Member
Hey folks - first time poster

I'm in the process of installing a new fuel pump and 18-gallon aft-axle tank into my '95

Truck has:
4x2
standard 8' bed
300 c.i. inline 6
auto transmission

When I got the replacement pump from the dealer, they also sold me a new-style connector. Of course, the colors are different and the chart they have on the install sheet does not match what I have on the truck. I don't have access to a 95 EVTM, so I was hoping you folks could help me out.

New plug wires:
Pink/Black
Yellow/White
Grey/Red (Marked Elec Text)
Black

Original Connector
Orange
Yellow/Gray
Brown/White
Blue (painted with black paint)

The document gives the following info:


[codebox]
Wire Jumper Harness Vehicle Harness

Pump Power PK/BK PK/BK or BR/W or R
Sender Power Y/W Y/W or Y/LB or DB/Y
Pump Ground BK BK or GY/R
Sender Ground GR/R BK
[/codebox]


Now, I can match most of these up, but it looks like two wires on the new harness want to tie to the black ground on the vehicle, and the vehicle's orange wire doesn't get used...


Image link of two connectors (Warning - big!)
big pic


Sorry for the long post, and thanks for the help!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top