Twist-type Breathers

  • Thread starter Thread starter veniz23
  • Start date Start date
V

veniz23

Guest
Has anyone else had trouble finding the twist-on type breathers with a PCV valve?? I can't find them anywhere and the stock one that was on my truck was thrown away because it was leaking. the only luck I have had is I found a twist-on that had a hole cut out in the top and it came with two rubber gromets. the only problem with the grommets is that all of the PCV valves I have tried to fit in the grommet hole are either too big or too small, I cant find a PCV valve that fits perfectly. I am just wondering why they made the hole that particular size? Any ideas? Peace

Joey K.
Columbia, Tn
1982 Full-size 302/40 over
 
I have three Broncos on the road right now......and I have replaced the PCV on every one of them during the tune up. Yes its a PIA to get to, but I have always used either a Motorcraft or Purelator PCV with no problem at all.

I do like the Motorcraft one better though
 
That breather you are talking about is the intake end of the oil ventalation system. It goes on the driverside of the engine and should have a hose from there to the air cleaner, the hose has two connectors (one that goes into the cap and one that connects to the air breather). There should be a filter for this system inside the air cleaner on the driver side. If you are not using a stock air breather, you can get a twist on cap with a built in filter. The PCV valve goes on the passenger side of the engine and hooks to the large port under the carborator.

Good luck,

:)>-
 
You can see the hoses in the picture attached, note the PCV valve with hose to carb on the left rear of the valve cover. The itake side of the system, right side front of valve cover with hose .
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top