Trying Out New Shock's

freak

New Member
I decided to try out Skyjacker's new platinum series shock's.Wow are these sucker's built for some torture.The shaft's on these thing's are .875".

getfile.php

getfile.php
 
How much did those shocks cost? I would love to get a set of those. Looks great!
 
Freak I did not think you could much more to that beast to make it look any better but you did and it seems like you did a improvement as well. 182 for 2 or 4?
 
182 for two.I wanted to test them before I bought them for the front.Look's like I'll be buying 2 more for the front.
 
Do you know what the rebound vs. compression is? Like 70/30 or 50/50?
Seems most mfg's are going with a 70/30 to help control the vehicle.
30% compression so you use more coil instead of shock. 70% rebound so it doesn't bounce on rebound, more control.
 
I'm not sure what the rebound vs compression is.I just ordered the part# for my lift.They can be revalved though.It just depends on what you want.There definetly firmer that my old one's.
 
I was completely shocked (no pun intended) this weekend to discover that the OEM shocks on my 79 Bronco, all 6 of them, STILL WORK. Almost 200,000 miles and 25 years of use, some of it pretty hard, and those old, crusty things are still doing the job! I imagine my new Superlift shocks will work *better* though...
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top