Transmission service

Straight6

New Member
I have an 03' F150 with a 4.6 and E4oD transmission, when should I have the trans serviced and what are they going to do to it. The truck has 56k on it and in cold weather will shift alittle slower when the truck is first started.
 
do it yourself f@&k the dealer they work for money on a commission basis warranty doesn't pay as much as repair DO NOT GO TO THE DEALER.
all they do is fluid and filter you can do that,it is suggested every 30k
I used to work for a dealership an they rip you off if anyone else has worked for one here they will tell you.it's about the billing,and when you get your trans serviced i will bet they tell you they found something else,don't believe me try it.
 
I have another question. When changing the tranny fluid should I also change the fluid in the torque converter as well, and if so, how do I get the old fluid out and the new fluid back in?
 

Members online

No members online now.

Trending content

Forum statistics

Threads
4,181
Messages
19,140
Members
5,134
Latest member
Shaggy
Back
Top